Hi everybody. Thanks for coming. It's good to have you here.
But where is here exactly?
Well, hopefully you've come here because you've heard I've embarked on a challenge to write and publish a short story every week for the next year - i.e. 52 short stories starting from May 18th 2013. I'm pretty certain you've already asked the obvious question - why? Well, for two reasons: firstly I want to prove I can do it. It's pretty easy to fall into the trap of always saying there's no time to write, or that I'll write when I don't have all these other commitments. I want to prove that you can always find time to write, and get into the habit of writing even when I feel like it's not worth it because the ideas aren't flowing.
Secondly, I want feedback. Writing is a difficult business because, unless someone else reads what you've written, you've absolutely no yardstick for whether what you've written is any good or not...and the only way to get better at something is to keep doing it and changing the things you do wrong. I want feedback - tons of it. The more people pointing out my mistakes, or things that don't quite work, or even things that personally just don't float their boat, the more information I have on what to improve and what to keep on doing.
So...I have a favour to ask you. Firstly, every time I post a story, can you leave a comment. I don't ask you to read the whole thing - if you read the first few lines and get bored, please say so. That's as interesting to me as if you read the whole thing and loved it. Secondly, every time I post a new story, can you also post it to one other person with the same request - tell me if you like it. The more I hear, the better stories I can write, and 52 stories for free can't be bad - can it.

To keep updated whenever I post a story, please go to wattpad and follow me using this link.
I will post a new story every Saturday night, and I'll also be blogging here about my experiences during the challeng. Enjoy, and I look forward to seeing you on the comments page

Comments

Popular Posts