Old vs New

Okay, more dilemmas related to the wolf and his boy story I talked about in my last post. I've now got the story complete and with a certain amount of polish (nowhere near enough, but when are you ever completely happy with a story). And then I found the original version I wrote a number of years ago, on an old hard drive that was sitting forgotten and unloved in a cupboard. It turns out I really like the style of the original version. I also really like the style of the new version. I love them both in different ways. No problem, I hear you say, just merge the two. Well, no, they're really really different. Merging the two would be like taking two vibrant colours and merging them to make a murky brown. I'm going to have to make a hard decision. On the other hand, one of the luxuries I have with publishing my stories online for free is that I could consider publishing both versions and no-ones going to ask for their money back. It's an interesting possibility. As always, feel free to let me know your thoughts. I could be swayed either way.

Comments

Popular Posts