The Side Project


I know. I'll just do a quick side project. It won't take long and the end results will be awesome. It's not like I'm pushed for time on my main projects. I'll just fit it in somewhere.
* * * *
Huh, that side project is a little trickier than I expected. Never mind, I can still fit it in. I just need to work a bit harder.
* * * *
Oh dear. My deadlines are slipping on my main project. I should probably drop the side project but I seem to have made a commitment to deliver it and people are relying on me. Maybe, if I work really hard, I can keep up with the main work, deliver the side project, and everything will go back to normal
* * * *
Life is chaos. I now have half a dozen projects on the go, none of which are showing any signs of progress. The original side project seems to have become another main project, stopping is no longer an option. If I could finish at least one, I'd have enough free time, but that would mean completely ignoring everything else. I've identified a few ways in which I can become more efficient, and possibly catch up, but that requires free time. I'm caught in a never ending cycle of not having enough time to make time.
* * * *
I know. I'll fix things with a quick side project...

Comments

Popular Posts