Back to Oz

I'm afraid to say this is going to be my last post for a while. The reason is good though, my amazing wife has been asked to set up a course to teach ultrasound guided injection therapy to medical staff in Melbourne, so we're off to Australia for a month.
It's not all work - we've got a bit of travelling around planned and we're expecting to see our fair share of kangaroos and koalas.

It'll be amazing to see the culmination of a years planning and coordination though. I was lucky enough to see the clinical application of her work in a hospital last year, and it was genuinely amazing. Essentially, it allows treatment of joint conditions like carpal tunnel syndrome, frozen shoulder, or arthritis. I saw patients come in convinced they would never have full movement again, then walk out ten minutes later on top of the world and beaming from ear to ear.

Anyway, I'm sure I can't do it justice, so let me just link to a post that does:
http://blogs.essex.ac.uk/essexdaily/2016/03/14/taking-essex-expertise-down-under/

Comments

Popular Posts