The Land Down Under

Okay, I can't promise a regular posting scheduling for the next few weeks, but wi-fi and time permitting I'll try and keep you up to date with my adventures around Oz.

The first thing of note is that we're currently in the middle of the Melbourne Comedy festival. This is fantastic as the majority of my Twitter feed is now telling me interesting facts such as how Al Murray is coping with the time zone, or what Ross Noble looks like on a State of Victoria police motorcycle.

I've been spending my time visiting various tourist sites, such as Victoria Market, Flinders St Station, and St Kilda, which is a beautiful little beach area where we were able to see penguins nesting in the rocks, and Australians selling jewellery and soap on the Esplanade.

Melbourne is an interesting place. It's not as beautiful as Sydney, but it's a hard working city, and the building codes mean that the city center rises upwards rather than outwards, resulting in skyscrapers that compete to be unique. Each has some kind of architectural flair, making the skyline varied and interesting, and the city fascinating to walk around.

We head off down the Great Ocean Road today, where we expect to encounter stunning scenery, from towering columns of rock, to deep forest, to volcanoes (seriously). We will also meet some of the Australian wildlife at the Ocean Ecolodge. Right now I need to pack, so I will update you along the way.

Comments

Popular Posts